Six monthly medals are played throughout the year. The best 3 of 6 scores (aggregate) in each division entitle the winner to a Golf NSW medal pin to represent the club at a metropolitan play-off event held by Golf NSW and then (possibly) onwards to a State Final.
Winning a medal during the year (either week-day or Saturday) entitles players to play for the Medal of Medals (one only and the best nett score). The Medal of Medals will be played as a stroke event.
Birdies, Gobblers and Eclectic Competition:
These are run over the course of the golfing year for all handicapped singles events. Birdies and Gobblers (a ball holed from off the green with any club including a putter) should be marked in the book provided in the Lady Member’s Room. Please ensure that your marker signs the entry.
Eclectic scores will be calculated electronically and can be checked via the club’s website (Leader boards/Eclectic).
- Trophies such as Gwen Sills, Esme Smith, JJ Walsh Bowl, Janet Giggins, the Narelle Lyons Memorial and Jannet Raams Memorial Cup – a special trophy and prize (gift or voucher) presented at the end of the year.
- Foursomes Championships –played in 2 equal divisions (scratch and nett trophies).
- Club championships – played in 3 divisions (scratch and nett trophies).
- Most improved handicap
- President’s Trophy – best 5 of all stroke rounds
- Captain’s trophy – highest point scorer. Points awarded for participation and competition placement
- Annette Leck Trophy – best 5 of all stableford rounds
- Top Gun competition – played as an adjunct to singles competitions (best stableford score for 9 holes alternating between the front and back nines) with a match play style play-off for the top 10 players towards the end of the year
- Annual Cancer Fundraiser –continuing to support Pink Finss
- Hawkesbury Classic – 3 day event played at Windsor, Lynwood and Richmond
- Beauty VS Beast – stableford match played vs the Mens Vets (best 5 scores)
- Friendship Day with Penrith – stableford match played alternately at Richmond and Penrith (best 10 scores)
- Jess Parker – stableford match played alternately at Richmond and Windsor (best 5 scores)
- Christmas Gala Day (dress up) – play for hams and turkeys as prizes
Golf NSW: Holds various events throughout the year.
- GNSW Bowl Qualifier – a fund-raiser for the Ladies NSW Open which gives the best score in the state the opportunity to play during the associated pro-am. The best club level participants win a hat-pin.
- Goodwill Plate – a fundraiser for charity- best nett score state-wide wins the Plate and again the club level winner earns a hat-pin.
- Medal play-offs – see Monthly Medal discussion previous.
- Championships and Meetings – various times of the year.
- Coronation Medal, Bronze Medallion, Pewter Plate – teams events based on handicap divisions. Selected by the Lady’s Captain to represent Richmond against other NSW clubs.
Further information regarding the above can be found on the Notice Board or on the Golf NSW website.
Womens Golf Nepean: Holds various events throughout the year
- WGN Brooch Qualifier – played in conjunction with the 5thmonthly medal (best nett score in 3 divisions and a Vets winner).
- Finals Day (for Club Championship winners, Medal division winners (including the weekend medal) and WGN Brooch qualifiers).
- Pennants – teams representing WGN clubs play match play golf. Monday Pennants is played in teams of 5 (Richmond usually fields 2 teams) and is played from May through to June (approx). Sunday Pennants is played in teams of 6 and is played from mid- September through to mid- October (approx).
VWGA Events: Holds various events throughout the year for VWGA members (players 50 and over who are VWGA members – see Christine Walshaw (our Vets delegate) to join).
- Vets Challenge brooch is played in conjunction with the 3rd medal (awarded to the best nett score in each division plus a senior vet 70+)
The VWGA also run a series of yearly competitions which are normally kept in the Open Day Folder.
Many clubs also hold competitions throughout the year. Information is kept in the Open Days Folder which is kept next to the Booking terminals in the club-house.
This is a good way to play other courses for competitive prices and in some cases at courses which are not normally available to play socially.